PVA offers the traditional scope and sequence for grades K3-12. PVA uses the Abeka curriculum in K3-6th grade and Accelerated Reading in 1st-8th grades. The TOPS curriculum and ACT Prep is offered for all students. PVA offers Dual Enrollment Classes (36 hours offered) from ULM and Louisiana Delta Community College.
PVA offers excellent academic opportunities which stress a curriculum with emphasis on college preparatory courses.
• Spelling Bee Finalist compete every year
• Average ACT score of 23 for 50% of 2015 graduates
• Top 25% of the 2015 graduates had an ACT score of 24 or above
• Dual Enrollment Classes with ULM, offering 36 hours of college credit
• 75% of class of 2015 qualified for TOPS
• 82% of the 2015 graduates were 3.0 or higher honor students